Saturday, June 12, 2010

Things we will never do...

I would like to say that this is a happy entry but I would be deceiving you.

I have realized that there are a multitude of things that we will never do. I will not get to send my son to school, teach him to read, tie his shoes or ride a bike. I will never tuck him in and check for monsters or share my favorite books and hopes he dreams as I dreamt. I will never watch him open presents that we chose just for him on Christmas, nor see his joy and wonder at an aquarium or zoo. I will never see his smile in a family portrait or celebrate the tooth fairy coming for a lost tooth... I will never bandage a scrape or calm a fear...

I will never say "Gianni, this is your sister Evangelina"

And this makes me feel so guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment